Healthy Banana Bread [RECIPE]
I have been trying to make a healthy banana bread version for a long time. I have finally figured it out….and this tastes amazing. I had a client today who tried it and could’t believe it didn’t have eggs, sugar, butter or oil and it was made with oatmeal.
This bread is safe for school snacks, fast breakfast, its good to freeze and it has absolutely no processed flour or sugar. Try it out for ….my kids and hubby love it.
- 2 cups oat flour (be sure to buy certified gluten free oats if you have Celiac Disease) (read instructions bellow on how to make your own oat flour)
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped up dates (raisins or even prunes work)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts are optional
To make a your oat flour simply place oats in blender/food processor and blend till it looks like flour.
- In a blender/food processor add in the dates (raisins or prunes), vanilla and coconut and blend it until it is completely smooth.
- Mash your bananas and add to your wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix all your dry ingredients together.
- Combine all together and mix, but do not over mix.
- Place mixture in a non stick bread pan and bake for 60 minutes at 350F. Depending on your oven strength, check your bread with a toothpick around 45 minutes. Let in bake till the tooth pic comes out completely dry.