Chickpea Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are so good, packed with a punch of protein and super easy to make. The best part is there’s NO sugar, flour or eggs, so your feel’n fresh well your eating them. No one ever knows I have Chickpeas in my Peanut Butter Chocolate cookies. I kept this secret until now, it’s a great way to sneak them into everybody’s diet around me, especially the kids.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything but the chocolate in a food processor, chopper…or your hands..haha, whatever you have to do. I’ve tried all ways and they turn out great no matter what, fool proof really but I prefer the smoothest way with a processor, they look nicer too.
- Mix in your chocolate by hand and roll the dough into even balls or press with a fork.
- parchment lined baking sheet for 10-13 minutes keep an eye on them, each oven is different.
- 11/2 cups of Chickpeas – cooked or canned but make sure you dry them very well.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs of Natural Peanut Butter.
- 1/4 cup Honey or Agave
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- tiny piny of Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts or any other nut you prefer, peanuts or almonds would also be good
- ** I also like to add 2 Tbs of each – chia seeds, hemp hearts and flax seed.
You can have fun with this recipe, you can add other seeds, protein powders or flavourings. Try them out, share a photo with us on our facebook and let us know what you may have added to the recipe and how it turned out!
This recipe makes about 2.5 dozen